Photograph - Church of England Girls Grammar School Ballarat Formal School Photograph
From the Collection of Ballarat & Queen's Anglican Grammar School 201 Forest Street Wendouree Victoria
- b&w photograph of four rows of girls sitting and standing in front of a brick building. The photograph is mounted on grey card.
- 25cm x 30cm
- schools, queens, church of england, education ballarat gribble leeson symons troop ahern brind beard macay mckay shaw woodward renshaw harrison critchely, allnutt reed, wallis o neil morgan rowan graham wright nevett gaunt slant clark radcliff riddle, gardiner martin tennant greenfield gribble flay dart thiessen herman kearns wilson degare crocker cook agneau mariott lockyer kerry tunbridge kneale tulloch
- Queen's College was established by Mrs Matilda Dixie (Broadbent)around 1876.
- When Matilda Dixie established Queen's College she employed Joseph Flude from the School of Mines Ballarat, to teach her female students subjects such as chemistry and mathematics. This was a progressive move for the time.
- Some markings on front of card near the bottom of photograph.
Names handwritten on verso. A. S. ? handwritten at top of verso
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM