Paper Licence Document - Motor Spirit Consumer's Licence
From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Paper Motor Spirit Consumer's Licence for Primary Producer Truck issued by Commonwealth of Australia Liquid Fuel Control Board (Vic) to Edward H. Jenkins (Jnr) Churchill Island, Newhaven, for vehicle make D.K.W., Utility, Registration No. 8676. Date of Issue 11/3/49
- 15.2cm width, 25.5cm length
- motor spirit consumer's licence, harry jenkins, jenkins, churchill island, primary, producer, truck, license
- Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
- 11/3/49 approx
- The document demonstrates Harry Jenkins involvement in the farm and provides information on farm life in the era.
- [signed] Edward H. Jenkins [bottom left hand, front]
[stamped] LFCB CANCELLED VICTORIA; SAN REMO VIC 26 MR49; SAN REMO VIC 28MR49; SAN REMO VIC -2MY49; SAN REMO VIC -6JE49; SAN REMO VIC 14NO49; SAN REMO VIC 14NO49; SAN REMO VIC 14NO49; SAN REMO VIC -6FE50 [REAR]
- 7 Sep 2017 at 6:30PM