Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973.
This document is an example of a hand drawn map of the era, measured in links.
Hand drawn map in pencil on paper of situation and measurements of land contained in Vendor's Title. Attached to solicitor's letter catalogue item No. 0108.1
Inscriptions & markings
[signed] Hen B [bottom right hand corner]