Stories Organisations Projects Login

Paper Report, typed, 2 pages - Report on Visit to Property Owned Report On visit to Property Owned by Mr. H. Jenkins

From the Collection of Churchill Island Heritage Farm 1 Samuel Amess Drive Newhaven Victoria

Description
Report on visit to property owned by Mr. H. Jenkins, Churchill Island, regarding stock, pastures, crops, and recommendations, written by A.C.T. Hewitt on his visit to Churchill Island on 17.4.1942. Report enclosed with letter dated 1st May 1942 [Item Registration No. 0230]
Size
20.9 width, 33.7cm length
Object Registration
0229
Keywords
churchill island, farm, harry jenkins, farm management
Historical information
Dr Harry Jenkins owned Churchill Island from 1936 to 1963 and bequeathed it to Margaret Campbell on his death. Sister Campbell had been nurse to his disabled son and wife and she lived on the island from the time of World War Two. The item was given to Arthur Evans, a family friend, on the day of the auction sale of artifacts when she sold the island, approximately 1973
When Made
April 1942 approx
Significance
The report demonstrates Harry Jenkins interest and committment to farming and provides information on farming in the era.
Inscriptions & Markings
"under present conditions' [end 7th paragraph, 2nd page]
Last updated
3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM