From the Collection of Alfred Hospital Nurses League-Nursing Archives Old Monash Medical School Building, Ground Floor Alfred Hospital 55 Commercial Road melbourne Victoria
- A small, reddish brown, leather covered pocket sized book. Gold lettering on front cover.
- Length: 15cm Width: 9cm
- diary, nurses, alfred hospital
- The diary was used as a note book for Nurse Lectures in 1888. It mentions the subjects taught to nurses and by whom.
- late 1800's
- Burroughs Wellcome & Co. (Maker)
- The 1888 diary is significant as nurse training commenced at Alfred Hospital in 1880. The first general nurse training school in Victoria , so the contents of the book indicate what was being taught and by whom.
- Wellcome's Professional Nurse's Diary 1903-04
Burroughs Wellcome & Co
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM