Statue representing Florence Nightingale
From the Collection of Alfred Hospital Nurses League-Nursing Archives Old Monash Medical School Building, Ground Floor Alfred Hospital 55 Commercial Road melbourne Victoria
- A plaster of paris staturette of Dame Edith Evans who portrayed Florence Nightingale in the film 'The Lady with the lamp' in 1929. The figure is clothed in full length black dress, a cross around her neck and a cap on her head. Hands clasped at the waist.
- Base: 13.5cm x 12 cm. Statue length: 26.5cm
- florence nightingale
- The film 'The lady with the lamp' 1929 was portrayed by Dame Edith Evans. This was made in the image of Dame Evans.
- This statue is a representation of Florence Nightingale and is a reminder to nurses that Miss Nightingale was a remarkable women and founder of the Nightingale Training School in London and established nurse training in Australia.
- Front of base: Florence Nightingale. Under surface of base-paper pasted on-'A much loved gift given to the Alfred Hospital archives on 27.10.2004 by Bade [ Beatrice B. Evans nee Caldecott]
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM