Six Bricks saved: from Nurses Home 1922-1996
From the Collection of Alfred Hospital Nurses League-Nursing Archives Old Monash Medical School Building, Ground Floor Alfred Hospital 55 Commercial Road melbourne Victoria
- These six bricks were saved from the Alfred Hospital Nurses Home when it was being demolished in 1996. The nurses who saved the bricks had difficulty accessing the site and this effort is now appreciated by nurses who return for reunion tours of the hospital and reminiscense about the nurses home.
- Length: 23 cm Width: 10.5cm Depth: 7.5cm
- 195.42 a-f
- bricks, nurses' home, alfred hospital
- These bricks evoke many memories of the nurse training days, prior to 1992, when nurses were encouraged to live on site at the nurses home.
- c 1922
- These items are of significance because we have memories of the building so many of us called home during our nurse training.
- Brick a & b. City bricks
Brick e - f Holded bricks
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM