Hat. Australian Army Nursing Service 1942
From the Collection of Alfred Hospital Nurses League-Nursing Archives Old Monash Medical School Building, Ground Floor Alfred Hospital 55 Commercial Road melbourne Victoria
- This grey coloured hat made of felt was created in Australia for the Australian Army Nursing Service. It has a brown ribbon with a red trim around the hat.The hat was worn by an Alfred Hospital nurse who graduated in 1940. She served in Port Moresby.
- Length 31 cm Width 28cm Depth 15cm
- The Alfred Hospital trained nurse, who wore and owned this hat, served in Port Moresby during WW11. This hat was part of her uniform. She was in the 2nd/ 5th Australian General Hospital Unit and worked as a theatre sister.
- This hat is significant because Australian nurses serving in the Australian Army Nursing Service all wore this same styie of uniform and it reminds us of their valuable service to their country.
- V.558 MADE IN 1943 AUSTRALIA
size 6 3/4.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM