Student nurse blue cape
From the Collection of Alfred Hospital Nurses League-Nursing Archives Old Monash Medical School Building, Ground Floor Alfred Hospital 55 Commercial Road melbourne Victoria
- This light blue woollen cape is wrist length, unlined, without a collar and worn by Alfred Hospital student nurses until 1992.
- Length: 60 cm Width: 220 cm
- alfred hospital. student nurse uniform cape.
- These capes were worn by student nurses. They were worn when going on duty, when going off duty, when called to see the Matron or senior nurse but never worn on duty. They were made of light woollen fabric so some nurses lined their capes for added warmth.
- circa 1930's
- Ball & Welch Ltd (dressmaker)
- These capes were the only means of warmth for student nurses when in uniform. The strict rules of the uniform meant no other visuable clothing could be worn for warmth.
- Ball & Welch Ltd Melbourne
- 5 Nov 2019 at 9:14PM