Historical information

The Torquay Life Saving Club was formed in 1922 Members operated from a large bathing box on the front beach at Torquay .Eventually at a meeting at the Palace Hotel in January 1946it was resolved to form the Torquay Surf Club but the name was changed to the Torquay Surf Life Saving Club on 20th February 1946.Building of the first clubhouse was completed in 1946. The first 50 years of the Club are chronicled in a book held by the TDHS author Ken Pollard which is catalogued under item 00012 in this catalogue .


The formation of the Torquay Surf Lifesaving Club in 1946and the establishment of a permanent clubhouse was the culmination of the efforts members and friends of the Torquay Surf Life Saving Club over the previous quarter of a century .

Physical description

Black and white photographs