Badges - WW2 Sweetheart Badges
From the Collection of Lara RSL Sub Branch McClelland Ave Lara Victoria
- 7 x Sweetheart Badges - Heart, Star, Pearl Rising Sun Badge, and Resin Heart Badge.
Heart badge is made of two overlapping hearts from silver metal, and inscribed with "To My Darling Mother. New Guinea. 1944"
Star badge has a metal back, with a silvery white plastic 3D star on top.
Resin heart is on tortoiseshell backing, with pearl heart on top.
Pearl rising sun badge has pin on back, and plaque on front (not engraved).
Rising sun in resin
Pearl Horseshoe with picture of loved one
RAAF Badge in resin
- Each approximately 4x4 cm
- world war 2, world war two, sweetheart, badges, soldiers, girlfriends, wives, mothers, new guinea, star, heart, rising sun, raaf badge, horseshoe
- These sweetheart broaches have been donated individually to the Lara RSL over time. It is not known who donated each of them, nor who they belonged to.
- To my darling mother. New Guinea. 1944.
- 19 Jul 2018 at 2:20PM