Black and white photograph
From the Collection of Port of Echuca 52 Murray Esplanade Echuca Victoria
- Black and white photograph taken from inside Echuca Loco shed looking out at a D3 steam loco and a T class diesel. In the distance can be seen the old Echuca coal loader.
- H17.5 X W24.5cm
- echuca- transport, railways, echuca, steam trains, echuca loco shed, diesel trains
- The D3 loco were made from 1949 as a development of the DD Locos made in 1902. The T class diesels were built from 1954. (Roy McDuff, Port of Echuca)
- George L. Coop (Photographer)
- The railways were an important part of the transportation of goods to Melbourne from the Port of Echuca. September 1864 saw the completion of the line from Bendigo to Echuca. In 1877 the iron bridge over the Murray River was completed and used by the trains of the Deniliquin and Moama Railway Company, " a private line that operated on the Victorian gauge between Echuca and Deniliquin" (Blyth, Ian Echuca Sketchbook Rigby 1978. p.24)
- On front of photo on the diesel loco: "1328" On the reverse of photo:" Photo by: George L. Coop Oct 1962". Crossed out, in black pen: "565". In pencil:" D3... T Class diesel 1954 Intro"
- 19 Oct 2017 at 10:40AM