MOP Iodine Ampoules
From the Collection of Lara RSL Sub Branch McClelland Ave Lara Victoria
- Rectangular cardboard box with a removeable lid that fits over a base container. Printed paper label glued on the obverse of the lids reads 'POISON Weak Tinct. Iodine 2 c.c. TROMAX LIMITED Manufacturing Division SIGMA CO. LTD. Melb' in red print, with a red border. The label is shaded green by a pattern of diagonal text: 'SIGMA COMPANY LIMITED / MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA'. Inside are two horizontal cardboard dividers containing three ampoules with original iodine content and a strip of cotton wool along the side. Each of the ampoules has the same paper label as the obverse of the lid.
- 7cm wide 9cm across 1cm deep
- medical, iodine, ampoules, first aid, ww2
- There is no known specific history associated with this item. It is typical of the items included in first aid kits issued to army and civil defence units during the Second World War.
- Iodine was applied freely to wounds and surrounding skin.
- 11 Apr 2019 at 1:31PM