Police Stations (Alberton)
From the Collection of Victoria Police Museum Mezzanine Level World Trade Centre Siddeley Street Docklands Victoria
- 1 letter (2 pages)
- police stations; alberton police station
- Alberton, a small town established in 1842, is in the Shire of Wellington in Victoria, Australia. It is located along the South Gippsland Highway, 7 kilometres south of Yarram and 216 kilometres east of Melbourne.
Mr Cornelius Henry Sullivan was appointed Chief Constable at Alberton on 5 April 1847. He was replaced by Mr Manton Flynn in January 1848. Alberton Police Station (District of Gippsland) was opened about 1847. In 1861 it was staffed by 1 Superintendent, 2 Mounted Constables, 1 Sergeant 2nd Class, and 4 Foot Constables. A temporary police station was formed in 1889 (Vic Pol Gazette 10 July 1889, p238). It was broken up in November 1901.
- today at 3:00PM