18 documents, comprising:
1 black and white photo and 3 colour photos
2 Contingencies documents
9 letters and correspondence
1 list of officers in charge 1871-1943
1 standing order
Alexandra is a regional centre in the Shire of Murrindindi in Victoria, Australia and 130 kilometres north east of Melbourne.
Alexandra Police Station opened on 8 May 1867 in Bon Street, on the north side near Grant Street. When the station opened it was staffed by one Senior Constable; one 1st Constable (Mounted); one Foot Constable. The original building was a nine-roomed brick building with an iron roof on land measuring 84' x 97’. The house included a wash-house, pantry, bathroom, office, one W.C., stabling for three horses, a lock-up with two rooms and a single man's room. It closed in June 1977 and was replaced by a new police station which opened on 16 June 1977 in Bon Street, on land adjacent to the old police station