Wallpapers - Various Designs (Wallpapers)
From the Collection of Villa Alba Museum 44 Walmer Street Kew Victoria
- Wallpaper sample reproductions drawn from 19th Century sources. Various designers including Willliam Morris and Talbot. Mixed patterns including:
1. Green, brown and yellow pattern with squirrels;
2. Blue and grey pattern with peacocks;
3. Two shades of green pattern;
4. Pink and brown patterns with birds and flowers;
5. Two shades of blue patterns with birds;
6. Pink and burgundy patterns, flowers and lions (flower has "SS" inscription);
7. Light green with cream floral design;
8. Dark orange with block pattern, birds, urns and flowers.
- 19th century wallpaper designers, wallpapers, wallpaper - reproductions
- The Villa Alba Museum is cultural institution committed to the collection, study and display of 19th century interior decorative finishes, and the components of 19th and 20th century interior decoration. The Museum's Decorative Arts & Design collection includes items that provide a local, statewide, national and international context for the development of interior decoration and design in Melbourne. These include artefacts (wallpapers, textiles, carpet samples), furnishings, printed materials (catalogues, books, periodicals), and pictures (photographs).
- 6 Jul 2020 at 10:47AM