Tools, Saw double sided pruning 20thC
From the Collection of City of Moorabbin Historical Society (Operating the Box Cottage Museum) Joyce Park Jasper Road Ormond Victoria
- A steel saw with double sided tapering blade and wood handle for pruning trees.
- L31cmxW6>3cm; H L12 xW 4cm
- saws, pruning saws, orchardists, fower gardens, fruit trees, early settlers, market gardeners, blacksmiths, tools, building equipment, hammers, moorabbin shire, bentleigh, mckinnon, highett, cheltenham,mcewan james pty ltd, melbourne, bunnings pty ltd,
- Among the early settlers in Moorabbin Shire were blacksmiths who made tools for the other settlers who were establishing the homes, market gardens, farms, orchards and various businesses. Early settlers were self reliant and repaired their own equipment for kitchen,dairy, farm, horses, carts using various tools . This is a double sided pruning saw with tapering blade used by orchardists and farmers
- This pruning saw is typical of the type used by early settlers in Moorabbin Shire c1900
- 6 Aug 2020 at 2:19PM