Expression Australia is a not for profit organisation established in 1884 and is the primary source of reference, referral, advice and support for deaf and hard of hearing adults in Victoria. Expression Australia works collaboratively with a variety of mental health, legal and employment providers, support agencies, education and government departments with the aim to achieve access and equity for Deaf and hard of hearing people in Victoria.
Part of our work at Expression Australia includes providing information, resources and workshops to the wider community about Deaf and hard of hearing people and the day-to-day challenges they face. Expression Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that receives approximately 45% of its operating costs from state and federal governments. The remaining 55% of operational funding is derived from the Society's fundraising initiatives and service fees where applicable.
*Used with a lower case “d”, the term “deaf” includes all who are hard of hearing, hearing impaired or signing deaf.
Expression Australia History (1884)
Themes: Building Victoria's industries and workforce, Building community life, Governing Victorians, Shaping cultural and creative life