Photograph - 2 COMMANDO COMPANY Ripponlea pay parade July 1958
From the Collection of Australian Commando Association (Victoria) The Association does not have a museum or address available to the public. Victoria
- B & W group photo unframed, 5 rows tiered, 73 men in winter battledress at the 2 Commando Company depot at Ripponlea, Melbourne in 1958.
A separate document names most of the men.
- 150 cm x 250 cm..
- 2 commando company - 1958 - pay parade - ripponlea depot - unit personnel
- Unit members in the photo:
Back row: Peter Herd, Mick Stewart, Ian Bunston, Russ Bradley, Bob West, Peter Reid, Norm 'Doc' Willoughby, Brian Hinneburg, Claude Gillard, _______ , Kevin Hatfield, Ian Hicks, Mack Hinds, John Woodruff.
4th row: Geoff Smith, Phil 'Juni0r' Meakins, Phillip Roff, George Wing, 'Bluey' De Clerk, Bob 'Canada' Johnston, Jim Walsh, Mike Hicks, Ern Jeffries, Carl 'Dutchy' Hulsbergen, Leigh Power, __________ , Norm 'Mick' Kennedy, Ray Bunyard, Jack Murray.
3rd row: Jeff Tomlinson, ______ , Vince Nehill, Jim Stephens, Bert Boatwright, Bill Leach, Bob Reid, Peter 'Padre' Bowden, ______ , Frank Read, Peter Higgins, Bill Salmon, John Hutchinson, Gus Kongas, Tony Poole.
2nd row: Roman Stuczynski, Stan Polan, Allan Moore, Don Bergman, Col 'Ali' Barbour, Peter Askew, Ron Smith, OC Major John Hutcheson, Adj Capt John Pritchard, Lt John O'Rourke, Ron Scott, George 'Taffy' Drakopoulos, Ted Malone, Ray Sanders, Kevin Collins, Barry Creighton.
1st row: Tom Massey, Mick Thurlough, Glen Watterson, Joe Frazer, Warren Hutchings, Max Coulson, Graham Gould?, Maurice 'Elvis' Priestly, _______ , 'Bluey' Darlington, 'Bluey' _____ , _____________ , 'Tich' McIntyre, Jim Trainor.
Proovided by Jim Trainor.
- Unknown (Photographer)
- One of a very few photos only of (almost) the complete personnel of 2 Cdo Coy in its early years.
- Described by Jim Trainor as Ripponlea pay parade July 1958.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM