Programme - Australia 1970 Fifth World Surfboard Riding Championships, Bells Beach, Victoria
From the Collection of Australian National Surfing Museum 77 Beach Road Surf City Plaza Surfcoast Highway Torquay Victoria
- 24 page souvenir programme, colour cover, colour black, black and white pages inside. Cover features colour drawing of a surfer riding a wave.
- H23.8cm x W17.8cm
- bells beach, 1970, surfing, world surfboard riding championships, melbourne surf shop, world surfing titles, australian surfriders association, rolf aurness, tony olsson
- The souvenir programme was produced for the Fifth World Surfboard Riding Championships at Bells Beach, Victoria. The championships were the first international surfing contest held at Bells Beach. The finals of this event were held at Johanna Beach, also a first. The programme features an introduction by the Premier Sir Henry Bolte, Daily Programme of activities, feature articles about Bells Beach and previous World Surfboard Riding Championships plus advertisements for Qantas, Fiat, Peter's Icecream, Jantzen Surf clothing, Schweppes and Bower Boy Surfwax.
- Circa 1970
- Australian Surfrider's Association (Maker)
- The Fifth World Surfboard Riding Championships were a first for Bells Beach and also significant for the role they played in the development of Bells Beach as an international surfing venue.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM