From the Collection of Australian Jazz Museum Koomba Park 15 Mountain Highway Wantirna Victoria
- Silvered brass trumpet and mouthpiece with slight dent on rear
- L 470 mm W 120 mm on the bell
- roger bell, silver trumpet, henry selmer
- Trumpet which belonged to Roger Emerson Bell leading jazz trumpeter and composer who was a major influence on the development of a uniquely Australian Jazz form. He played with his brother Graeme Bell and also led his own groups.
- Mid 20th century
- Henry Selmer (Maker)
- Trumpet played by Australian Jazz musician Roger Bell through the mid to late 20th century
- Engraved "Made by Henry Selmer - Paris Depose Grand Prix Geneve 1927 Liege 1930 Signed by maker Henry Selmer Place Dancourt, Paris Made in France" "Silver on Brass Serial # 6697 (engraved on second valve)"
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:08AM