Mary Norman-Bail Pupils, ca1920 - Mary Norman-Bail's Pathfinder School Pupils ca1920s
From the Collection of Ararat & District Historical Society (operating the Langi Morgala Museum) 48 Queen Street Ararat Victoria
- Unmounted black-and-white photo. Inscription on the back in longhand in ink (may be fairly recent addition).
- education, school, teacher, art, class, photographer, norman, collage, norman-bail, bail, educator, pupil, pathfinder-school, curriculum, grade, progressive-education, artist, painter, artwork
- Photo taken c.1920s. The names written on the back include Mary Norman-Bail's daughter.
- Untitled (Maker)
- This is one of a collection of several hundred photos, books, documents and teaching aids donated to Langi Morgala Museum by Jessica Norman-Bail (or by her estate). Almost all the collection relates to Jessica's mother, the photographer, artist and educator Mary Norman-Bail, and to Mary Norman-Bail's Pathfinder School, which was located in Ararat for several years in the first half of the twentieth century. In total, the Norman-Bail collection provides an illuminating picture of the unique Pathfinder school, though much of the collection is yet to be analysed. The Langi Morgala Norman-Bail collection is of local signficance; but further research into the collection, and into Norman-Bail's work and ideas, may enhance the significance further.
- Inscription: on back: "Tennis Court St Andrews / Presbyterian Church / Elaine Gilchrist Teddy Robinson / J Norman Bail / Don Blackie / Colin Laidlaw / ? / ?
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM