Book - History of Torquay Surf Life Saving Club
From the Collection of Australian National Surfing Museum 77 Beach Road Surf City Plaza Surfcoast Highway Torquay Victoria
- Blue leather hardback book with gold lettering on blue representing the colours of the Torquay Surf Life Saving Club.
- H28.5cm x W22cm, 174 pages
- bells beach, torquay surf life saving club, d s club, peter troy, vic tantau, terry wall, ken pollard, torquay surf beach, pioneer surfers, jim wall, dick garrard, sprint walker, owen yateman, alan coulson, ron hussey, joe sweeney, sharon heathcote, ray brewin, frances murphy, bryan hayden
- History of the Torquay Surf Life Saving Club celebrates the first fifty years (1945-1995) of the largest surf life saving club in Victoria. The book features historic photographs of the surf club and the famed Torquay Surf Beach on Victoria rugged Surf Coast. The book also features chapters on the historic, cultural, social and competitive areas within the club.
- Torquay Surf Life Saving Club Inc. (Publisher), Ken Pollard (Editor)
- This bok is significant because it represents the first official history of one of the largest and most influential surf life saving clubs in Australia.
- Authors name - Ken Pollard
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM