From the Collection of Bright & District Historical Society operating the Bright Museum 2 Station Street Bright Victoria
- Chinese porcelain spoon, design in glazed celadon.
- chinese, spoon, gios, tableware, glaze, porcelain, celadon
- Brought to the Ovens Goldfields by Chinese men working in the area in the 19th century. Most likely made in China.
- Aldo Gios recorded the location of where most pieces in his collection were found. Some maps drawn by Aldo Gios, also give more detail. This detail is rare as most pieces of broken crockery were discarded and complete items were usually collected with no thought to recording the location where they were found. This object is part of one of the largest collections of Chinese ware found in the Upper Ovens area and the only one recording the location where found.
- Celadon with green and pink flower decorations.
- 8 Jun 2017 at 8:38PM