Video Clip - Torquay Surf Beach Family Movies
From the Collection of Australian National Surfing Museum 77 Beach Road Surf City Plaza Surfcoast Highway Torquay Victoria
- Black and white 8mm home movie transferred to VHS and digitised to AVI file. Duration - 1 minute and 16 seconds.
- surfing, torquay surf life saving club, 1947, torquay surf beach, hollow plywood surfboard
- This home movie features people enjoying summer by the beach. It was filmed at Torquay Surf Beach, Torquay, Victoria circa 1947. The last shots of the film show a surfer riding a hollow wooden plywood surfboard to the beach and stepping off onto the sand.
- Circa 1947
- Unknown (Film maker)
- Torquay Surf Beach was a macca for surfers in post-war Victoria. This is one of the earliest movies to show surfing at Torquay and in Victoria. It also features very early images of the Torquay Surf Life Saving Club which is the oldest in Victoria.
- Museum logo at the start of the video clip.
- 24 Feb 2014 at 2:41PM