Photograph - Surfboat at Bondi Beach 1923
From the Collection of Australian National Surfing Museum 77 Beach Road Surf City Plaza Surfcoast Highway Torquay Victoria
- Black and white photograph
- H19.5cm x W26cm
- sydney, bondi beach, surfboat, surf life saving clubs
- Surfboats have played an important role in saving lives on Australian beaches since the early 1900's. This boat at the famous Bondi Beach can be seen riding a wave to the beach with the standard five man crew. Many early Australian surfers were members of Surf Life Saving Clubs regularly riding the waves in surfboats, surf ski's and other surf rescue craft.
- Unknown (Maker)
- Rare image of an Australian surfboat riding a wave at one of Australia's most iconic surf beaches in Sydney during the 1920's.
- 'Donated by John Pettigrove' on the back
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM