Programme - 1970 Fifth World Surfboard Riding Championships, Bells Beach, Victoria
From the Collection of Australian National Surfing Museum 77 Beach Road Surf City Plaza Surfcoast Highway Torquay Victoria
- Colour cover depicts an aqua/white background with a surfer going left. Text in black and red.
- H20cm x W16cm
- bells beach, rolf aurness, 1970 world titles, stan couper
- This souvenir program from the 1970 World Surfboard Riding Championships at Bells Beach, Australia includes information about the contest, organisers, Bells Beach and competing surf teams from around the world.
- Victorian Government (Maker)
- The 1970 World Titles were the first international surfing event held in Victoria and the first international surfing contest to be held at the world famous Bells Beach. The contest was shrouded in controversy from day one with poor surf, drug busts and other inappropriate behaviour from competitors.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:11AM