Physical description

Foundation Stone from the Maffra Sugar Beet Factory, mounted on two blocks of stone that originated from the footings of the Bushy Park railway bridge.

It reads: Maffra Sugar Beet Company Limited / Memorial Stone /Laid by Mrs A.M. Foster on 19 June 1897 / Directors / Allan McLean MLA Chairman / A.M. Foster F.H. Forrest C.G. Glassford / F. Horstman J.Mills J.McDonald / J.W. Allen Treasuer's Representative / J.Salatnay C.E. Engineer Fred C. Barley Secretary / Waring & Rowden Builders.