Historical information

This working-model steam engine was hand-made c.1893 by Frank Scott of Mewburn Park, and used to drive a pump.

The entire engine and base were repaired, cleaned and restored by participants in a LEAP program hosted by Eastern Victorian Group Training, Bairnsdale, in June 1995. This included repairing a broken piston arm.

Physical description

This small steam engine has two wheels attached to shafts connected to a single piston. It has a horizontal double-acting three inch bore with a four and half inch stroke fitted with Stephensons link reversing gear. It is mounted on a green-coloured wooden box.