From the Collection of Donald History and Natural History Group operating the Donald Court House Museum 56 Woods Street Donald Victoria
- A5 sized brown thin paper book bound with thin twine stitching with Chinese characters in red on front page and black Chinese characters and images indicating parts of the human body on inside.
- Height 5cm, Width 34cm, Length 52cm
- book, hut, georgie ah ling, market garden, donald, medical text, chinese
- Book found in hut belonging to Georgie Ah Ling, who operated a market garden for about 70 years on the edge of the township of Donald. The title indicates that it is a medical text, yizong jinjian or 'The Golden Mirror of Medicine'. This is a compilation or compendium of Chinese medical knowledge, first published in 1742 in the reign of the Emperor Qian Long, and reprinted many times since. Apparently it still remains an important reference today.
- Chinese characters on front page and black Chinese characters and images indicating parts of the human body on inside.
- 19 Jun 2012 at 1:59PM