Framed photograph - The Krait on Sydney Harbour
From the Collection of Australian Commando Association (Victoria) Victoria
- Black wooden frame with gold-painted border. Photo has large white borders. Black and white photograph of the WW2 Krait of Operation Jaywick fame, on Sydney Harbour in 1964 with crew members and four former Jaywick operatives on board - Berryman, Carse, Jones and Young.
- H 420 mm x W 500 mm
- japanese fishing boat mv krait exmouth operation jaywick singapore harbour z special berryman carse jones young.
- Cdo Assoc Victoria presented it to Exmouth Heavy AA Assoc. This was because the Krait left Exmouth on the successful Opn Jaywick raid on Japanese occupied Singapore Harbour in 1943. Exmouth Heavy AAA has now disbanded and daughter of a foundation member donated it back to the (post-WW2) Vic Cdo Assoc in July 2012.
- Photo taken in 1964.
- The former Japanese fishing boat, as MV Krait left Exmouth on the successful Opn Jaywick raid on Japanese occupied Singapore harbour in 1943. The vessel was partly restored, and motored into Sydney harbour in 1964 with former Z Special members on board, including the Jaywick operatives Berryman, Carse, Jones and Young.
- Legend: October 1972 Presented to EXMOUTH HEAVY ANTI AIRCRAFT ASSOCIATION by the VICTORIAN COMMANDO ASSOCIATION. Four original crew members standing at forward well deck 1964. L to R Moss Berryman, Horrie Young, Ted Carse & Joe Jones.
Brass plate on frame: "KRAIT."
On back: "Barilyn Images 59 85 4666."
- 6 May 2018 at 10:28AM