Photograph (copy) - 8th Battalion Cairo
From the Collection of Ballarat Ranger Military Museum 1806 Sturt Street Ballarat Vic
- Wooden framed photocopy of Postcard front and rear
- 270 mm wide x 345 mm high
- 8th battalion, aif, ww1, bolton, cairo
- The 8th Battalion was raised from Ballarat & District in August 1914 and embarked for overseas service in October 1914. With the rest of the AIF the battalion trained in Egypt prior to landing at Gallipoli. This photograph was taken during a march from Ismailia to Cairo.
- One of few photographs of the 8th Battalion on a route march in Egypt 1914/5.
- The 8th Battalion with Col Bolton and Capt Possingham (Adjt) leading crossing the bridge at Cairo, coming back from Ismailia.
- 14 Nov 2012 at 3:04PM