Helicopter - Bell AH-IG Cobra Attack helicopter
From the Collection of National Vietnam Veterans Museum 25 Veterans Drive Newhaven Victoria
- A heavily armed ground attack helicopter used by the U.S. Army in Vietnam to support Australian & U.S. army ground operations. In addition to the M197 three barreled 20mm gatling gun, it carried eight anti-armour missiles and forty eight 2.75mm unguided air to ground rockets. This particular aircraft served in Vietnam from 1968 until 1971 and was damaged twice in combat.
- Length - 16.15m with rotor, weight - 3,000kg.
- helicopters, military equipment
- 1967 approx.
- Bell Helicopters (Aircraft manufacturing)
- The aircraft is currently finished in a low visibility all-over mid green which includes the full US Army insignia and carries the Serial No. 0-15092.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM