Helicopter - Westland Wessex Model 31B
From the Collection of National Vietnam Veterans Museum 25 Veterans Drive Newhaven Victoria
- Manufactured in Britain from a USA design, the Wessex was jet powered (Napier Gazelle), a multi-role helicopter used in air sea rescue, anti-submarine, ambulance, troop and freight carrying. Dependent on the mission profile, the aircraft carried a crew from three to five including two pilots.
- Length - 20.07m; Weight - 3,767kg; Height - 4.83m.
- helicopters, military equipment
- The Wessex was used between 1964 and 1984 by the Australian Navy in Australia and Oceania.
- Westland Aircraft (Aircraft manufacturers)
- Includes a full set of Royal Australian Navy insignia and carries the Serial No. N7-221 and Navy Side No. 31.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:10AM