Historical information

The foundations of the Convent commenced on 11th June 1889. The first donation towards the building of the Convent was received from an old Irish woman of five shillings. Mr McCabe, a Catholic gentleman from Ararat, deeded a piece of ground on 30th June 1889.


The start of the first Catholic school building in Ararat.

Physical description

Two storey Brigidine Convent built with red bricks. Building of the convent commenced on 11th June 1889. Convent was blessed by Bishop Moore on 18th March 1890.