Stories Organisations Projects Login

Club Badge - BRAYBROOK & DISTRICT MOTORCYCLE CLUB

From the Collection of Sunshine and District Historical Society Incorporated HUNT CLUB, 775 Ballarat Road, Deer Park 3023. SUNSHINE LIBRARY, Hampshire Road, Sunshine 3020. Victoria

Description
Brown circular shaped leather badge with white printed lettering around the perimeter of the badge, and with a white printed motorcycle and rider in the centre.
Size
7 cm in diameter
Object Registration
1756
Keywords
leather badge, braybrook & district motorcycle club, motorcycle club, braybrook.
Historical information
This leather badge was made around circa 1950, and was sewn on to the leather jacket worn by Ian Downing.

The Braybrook Motorcycle Club was formed in 1947 and on the 10th July 1950 merged with the Sunshine Club to form the Braybrook & District Motorcycle Club. In the mid 1960's the club disbanded and its activities were merged with the Newport Club.

For a more detailed summary of the history of this motorcycle club, please refer to the information posted on this site for the item 'Club Sticker - BRAYBROOK & DISTRICT MOTORCYCLE CLUB'.
Significance
The Braybrook & District Motorcycle Club has not existed in its own right since the mid 1960's. This particular badge is over 60 years old and is likely to be a relatively rare item. The badge serves as a reminder that the Braybrook & District Motorcycle Club was once part of the recreational scene in the Braybrook / Sunshine area.
Inscriptions & Markings
"BRAYBROOK & DISTRICT M.C.C."
Last updated
3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM