Pocket Book - Information for National Servicemen
From the Collection of National Vietnam Veterans Museum 25 Veterans Drive Newhaven Victoria
- This soft-covered yellow pocket book is an example of those issued to all National Servicemen sent to Vietnam. Thirty-six pages long, this 3rd edition was published in June 1969 by the Commonwealth of Australia. Contents cover general information such as an overview of the organisation of the Army; details about training, transfers and conditions of service; guidance about military courtesy, dress, writing home and badges of rank.
- 125mm x 85mm
- national service, army, conscription, vietnam war
- Part of the Neil Ernest Swainston Collection, a set of National Service Documents from call-up notice to Certificate of Discharge.
- June 1969
- Australian Department of Defence (Defence Services)
- Pocket books such as this were in use for the entire Vietnam War. This is an example of the documentation provided to all conscripted soldiers.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:09AM