Historical information

After the wreck of the SS "Time" the bell come under the control of the "Receiver of Wrecks". St Aiden's Church of England, Parkdale, procured this bell from the "Receiver of Wrecks" for church purposes. On 29 July 1951 Rev F L Cuttriss dedicated the bell to church service. Apparently the "Sour" sound irritated some of the congregation. In 1997 St Aiden's offered the bell to this Museum to further enhance the SS "Time" display.

Physical description

Ships bell from SS "Time"

Inscriptions & markings