Annual Report - 35th Report of the Adult Deaf and Dumb Society of Victoria 1919
From the Collection of Vicdeaf Level 4 340 Albert Street East Melbourne VIC
- Cream Cover, Size 21.5Hx13.5W, 56 pages
- arthur stanley, w. g. mcbeath, e. r. peacock, r. j. oehr, h. l. walters, m. l. miller, john higgins, g. g. mercy, harold w. bickford, george brown, a. macaulay caldwell, w. a. dickins, f. e. frewin, j. m. johnston, r. h. luff, h. sumner martin, george vial, ernest j. d. abraham, r. dow, e. empson, l. fletcher, d, hickey, a. graham, mrs c. robertson, e. r. smith, mrs a. wilso, mab dow, ivy cole, j. craig, john cronin, alex williamson, adam c. muir, w. taylor, s. moss, m. g. b mortimer, blackburn, deaf workers club, ramblers club, j. johnston, m. maloney, lacrosse, cricket, t. a. nelson, a suthersland, w. a. paterson, n. amos, j. leber, j. cariss, alfred peacock, mrs abraham, g. rees, s. w. showell, w. warren, isabella fister, nora kennedy,
- The Adult Deaf and Dumb Society of Victoria, now known as Vicdeaf, (the Victorian Deaf Society), was founded in 1884 as the Victorian Society for Promoting the Spiritual and Temporal Welfare of the Adult Deaf and Dumb. The provisional committee being Mr W Bates, Mr J M Bruce, Mr J D Gowan, Mr Edwin Newbiggin, Mr C M Officer, M. L, A., and the Rev. W. Moss.
The Adult Deaf and Dumb Mission's objects were:
1. To provide the means for religious worship and instruction for the adult deaf and dumb of Victoria
2. To visit the deaf and dumb in their homes, especially when sick or in distress
3. To assist the deaf and dumb of good character in obtaining suitable employment
4. To provide technical and other education for the adult and dumb
5. To give pecuniary assistance to adult deaf and dumb who are in need
- The Annual Reports of the Adult Deaf and Dumb Society are historically significant providing insight into the history of the evolving Deaf Community in Victoria. They are a annual 'snapshot' of the year with references not only to the progress of the Society but also to the significant people and events within the Deaf Community.
- 3 Mar 2017 at 10:12AM