Headwear - Green & Brown Silk 'Cloche' Hat / by Anne Harrison of Kew, 1955-65
From the Collection of Kew Historical Society Inc 1 Civic Drive Kew Victoria
- Pale green silk woman’s hat in a soft unstructured style retailed by Anne Harrison of Kew. The hat is banded with braid in contrasting colours. It has a soft bow at the rear.
- anne harrison, milliners, hats, milliners - kew (vic), fashion and textiles collection - kew historical society, women's clothing
- Marion “Annie” (Cooper) Harrison, a milliner by trade, designed and made women’s hats, initially in the 1940s in High Street, and later in the 1950s and 60s at 5 Princess Street. The hats were constructed upstairs in her shop in Princes Street while the ground floor was reserved for sales and display. She employed other milliners to assist but always ran the showroom herself. Hectic periods were in the weeks before the big racing carnivals when the many wealthy race-goers of Kew kept her busy. She typically walked to her business as she and her husband, Fred Harrison, lived locally. Annie died in April 2016, at the great age of 107 years. Her hats are held in local and national collections.
- Anne Harrison of Kew (Maker)
- Label: Anne Harrison of Kew. WM 9906
- 1 May 2020 at 10:59AM