Printed material retained by the Progressive Political League of Victoria, Ballarat West Branch
From the Collection of Unions Ballarat 24 Camp Street Ballarat Victoria
1. Australasian Labour Federation. Constitution. Melbourne, n.d.
2. Australasian Labour Federation. Rules of the NSW Procincial Council. Sydney, 1897.
3. Labour Electoral League of NSW. Rules and platform. Sydney, 1891. (Printed on reverse side of speech of T. Hough - League candidate for Glebe.)
4. Newspaper cutting regarding Ballarat Labour Electoral League. n.d.
5. People's Party. Platform and Programme. n.p., n.d.
6. Progressive Political League of Victoria. Second meeting of Central Council. Melbourne, 1891.
7. Progressive Political League of Victoria. Suggested rules to govern the nomination and selection of candidates for Parliament. n.p., n.d.
8. Progressive Political League of Victoria. To the President and members of the Central Council.
9. United Labor Party of S.A. Rules and Standing Orders.
10. Workers' Political Committee. New Zealand. Rules and constitution. n.p., n.d.
- btlc, ballarat trades and labour council\, ballarat trades hall, progressive political league victoria, ppl, shearer's strike, maritime workers' strike, strikes, unions, alp, australian labor party, reform, federation, australasian labour federation, labour electoral league of nsw, labour electoral league, people's party, united labor party of sa, workers' political committee, rules, standing orders, nsw provincial council, central council
- The Progressive Political League was formed in 1891 after the 1890 Maritime Workers Strike; it subsequently became the Australian Labor Party. The PPL is also contemporaneous with the defeat of the Shearer's Strike (1891). Its platform included "electoral reform, reform of the labour laws, social reform and supported Federation on a ‘democratic basis’." (Anarchist Age 2008). More information about the formation of the Progressive Political League in Victoria can be found at http://anarchistmedia.org/pdf/701-800/AAWR-07768.html
- 1891; 1897
- The collection provides contemporaneous information from a variety of sources.
- 22 Jun 2016 at 3:03PM