Historical information

Holy Trinity Anglican Church has been a prominent part of the Kew Community since 1863. This work forms part of the collection assembled by the historian Dorothy Rogers, that was donated to the Kew Historical Society by her son John Rogers in 2015. The manuscripts, photographs, maps, and documents were sourced by her from both family and local collections or produced as references for her print publications. Many were directly used by Rogers in writing ‘Lovely Old Homes of Kew’ (1961) and 'A History of Kew' (1973), or the numerous articles on local history that she produced for suburban newspapers. Most of the photographs in the collection include detailed annotations in her hand.


The Rogers Collection provides a comprehensive insight into the working habits of a historian in the 1960s and 1970s. Together it forms the largest privately-donated collection within the archives of the Kew Historical Society.

Physical description

A monochrome photograph of the Good Samaritan leadlight window in Holy Trinity Church, High Street, Kew.:"The memorial brass and the stained-glass window erected in Holy Trinity Church, Kew, in memory of the late Dr. W. Butler Walsh, by some of his former patients, his professional brethren, and other friends, were unveiled on Sunday morning by Dr. Vance, Anglican Dean of Melbourne. The window consists of two lights, with the Good Samaritan as the subject of the left hand light, and St. Luke of the right-hand light. Above the two subjects is the figure of an angel, carrying a scroll, inscribed with the words, "A just man, and one that feared God, and of good report." (The Australasian, 18 June 1904)

Inscriptions & markings

Good Samaritan window, Holy Trinity Church. Given by parents and friends of Dr. Butler Walsh. Wilton.