The Argus in November 1924 reported the purchase of Elsinore by Trinity Grammar School. "The council of Trinity Grammar School, Kew, has purchased Elsinore, the residence of the late Mr. V. J. Saddler, at the corner of Wellington street, Stanley street, and Charles street, Kew, which adjoins the property recently purchased from Mr. J. Henning Thompson (known as 'Trinity Lodge), and is directly opposite the Headmaster's house and main school grounds.
This work forms part of the collection assembled by the historian Dorothy Rogers, that was donated to the Kew Historical Society by her son John Rogers in 2015. The manuscripts, photographs, maps, and documents were sourced by her from both family and local collections or produced as references for her print publications. Many were directly used by Rogers in writing ‘Lovely Old Homes of Kew’ (1961) and 'A History of Kew' (1973), or the numerous articles on local history that she produced for suburban newspapers. Most of the photographs in the collection include detailed annotations in her hand. The Rogers Collection provides a comprehensive insight into the working habits of a historian in the 1960s and 1970s. Together it forms the largest privately-donated collection within the archives of the Kew Historical Society.
The central tower of Roberts House (originally 'Elsinore'), Wellington Street, Kew. Part of Trinity Grammar School since 1924.
Inscriptions & markings
4. Roberts House. Trinity Grammar School.