This work forms part of the collection assembled by the historian Dorothy Rogers, that was donated to the Kew Historical Society by her son John Rogers in 2015. The manuscripts, photographs, maps, and documents were sourced by her from both family and local collections or produced as references for her print publications. Many were directly used by Rogers in writing ‘Lovely Old Homes of Kew’ (1961) and 'A History of Kew' (1973), or the numerous articles on local history that she produced for suburban newspapers. Most of the photographs in the collection include detailed annotations in her hand. The overhead transparency is of a map produced by H.C. Crouch Borough Surveyor in 1910
The Rogers Collection provides a comprehensive insight into the working habits of a historian in the 1960s and 1970s. Together it forms the largest privately-donated collection within the archives of the Kew Historical Society.
An overhead transparency of a plan of Kew comparing the roads in 1860 with later roads constructed by 1910. Sections of the plan are marked with the location of particular buildings, farms or transport routes.
Inscriptions & markings
Borough of Kew