World politics : trend and transformation, 12th ed
From the Collection of Unions Ballarat 24 Camp Street Ballarat Victoria
- Paper; book.
Front cover: orange/red/brown theme; white lettering.
- 26 cm; 636 pages
- btlc, ballarat trades and labour council, ballarat trades hall, politics, economics, economy, collective action, globalisation, power, ecology, military, law
- GovernGlobal politics, economy, power and collective action.
Table of contents:
Part 1. Trend and Transformation in World Politics
1. Interpreting world politics
2. Theories of world politics
3. International decision making
Part 2. The Globe's Actors and Their Relations
4. Great power rivalries and relations
5. The global south in a world of powers
6. Intergovernmental organizations and the quest for global governance
7. Nongovernmental organizations and the shape of the global future
8. People power and the promotion of human rights
Part 3. The Economic and Demographic Dimensions of Globalization
9. The globalization of international finance
10. International trade in the global marketplace
11. The demographic and cultural dimensions of globalization
Part 4. Threats to the World
12. Threats to the preservation of the world's common ecology
13. The treat of armed aggression to the world
Part 5. Realist Roads to National and International Security
14. The military pursuit of power through arms and military strategy
15. Alliances and the balance of power
Part 6. Liberal Paths to World Order
16. Negotiated conflict resolution and international law
17. Liberal approaches to collective security
Part 7. Envisioning Your Alternative Global Futures and Predicting Global Transformations
18.Thinking about global trends, transformations, and the future of world politics.
- Kegley, Charles W Jnr (Maker), Wittkopf, Eugene R (Maker)
- Relevant to global issues in the political arena.
- Front cover: author's name, title and edition.
- 19 Jul 2017 at 12:25PM