Historical information

The MUIOOF Lodge was located in Union Street, Kew. The Lodge was established in 1863. It was demolished in the early 1990s.


The Lodge Board lists the names of representatives of many of Kew's pioneering families. The Board was donated to the Society when the Hall was demolished.

Physical description

MUIOOF Lodge Board - Yarra Yarra District, Loyal Kew Lodge No. 5093
Port Phillip District till 1888 / Yarra Yarra District from 1888
Past Grands [listed] W.Woolard 1864 to A.E. Martin 1990

Inscriptions & markings

Maker marks - [Painted on back panel] "Lodge Board - Written by Bro. J. Kleiner, Signwriter 432 Burwood Rd. Glenferrie March 1930".[Engraved on pediment] "G.E. Gosbell, Woodcarver 1955".