Atomic 1950s dress - Atomic print cotton day dress 1950s by Julius Pollack
From the Collection of Circa Vintage Archive
- Sleeveless day dress with flared, mid-calf length skirt and big style front. Extra deep pockets and black piping trim to ornament. Bib style front features two large buttons and has been adapted for breast-feeding: the front is secured with press studs and the centre front seam underneath has been opened up, secured with a hook and eye. Side metal zipper. Printed cotton in multi-coloured "atomic" style design.
- Size 10, Bust: 38 inches (96 cm) Waist: 27 inches (68 cm) Hips: full Shoulder to waist: 16 inches (41 cm) Total length: 46 inches (117 cm)
- This dress was featured in the book "Love Vintage", published 2009 by Carter's and has appeared in vintage fashion parades at the "Love Vintage" fair and the 2016 Glen Eira Storytelling Festival.
- Early 1950s
- This dress is an example of the "atomic" style printed design that was popular in the '50s and also shows adaptive use by its wearer, to facilitate breast-feeding.
- Labelled Julius Pollack Original
- 21 Aug 2017 at 11:21AM