Historical information

The Asylum and School for the Blind, designed by Crouch & Wilson, was built on St Kilda Road in 1868, and later became the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind. This photograph was most likely taken in the late 19th century, with white posts and wire fencing sectioning the driveway from the garden..

Physical description

B/W photograph of RVIB St Kilda Road building