Historical information

The site of the current Kew Post Office was known as Barnard's corner.

Physical description

Large framed photographic enlargement of Barnard’s Post Office in Kew on the site of the Kew Post Office. The photograph is a copy of a photograph in F.G.A. Barnard's Jubilee History of Kew (1910)

Inscriptions & markings

Annotation at base reads: 19.2 Kew Pharmacy and Post Office c .1880. F.G.A. Barnard, son of Francis Barnard is in the doorway. The site is that of the present Kew Post Office. Photograph taken from Bulleen Rd (now Kew High St) looking east.