Historical information

Essendon arrived at the Essendon Recreation Reserve (later known as Windy Hill) in 1922. In August that year the club opened its first grandstand before the round 14 game against Richmond. It was later named the Dick Reynolds Stand.This historic photograph shows supporters crammed into the grandstand that day.

Physical description

Black and white photograph on brown cardboard mount with imprinted border; remains of a white sticker in upper left corner. "E. Franklin Moonee Ponds 37 6794" hand-written in blue biro on reverse.

Inscriptions & markings

"Opening day of new stand, Essendon 19.8.22"